This is my third Clean Skincare Spotlight, and my third female-founded company. Coincidence? I think not. Who better to develop clean, effective skincare for women then women!
I’m particularly excited for today’s post because OY-L is an Akron-based company, and I am a Cleveland girl! Nothing is more exciting than finding a local company you love, support and can share.
OY-L Skincare was founded by Andrea Pierce-Naymonto to put an end to beauty secrets.
“I grew up like the rest of the women of my generation. As a teenager I found skin care and cosmetics within my price range at the drug store and as I matured and my income rose, I aspired to department store brands and then luxury lines. I treasured these brands and I trusted them.
As my daughter became a teenager herself, I saw no problem with her following my example. When she began experiencing unexplained weakness, pain and discomfort, I became consumed with researching everything that went into her body. I quickly found out that much of what she (and all of us) used every day was toxic. I became determined to find a natural solution for her, for me and for every mother and daughter who would listen.
I left the fashion, style and retail world to create OY-L an all natural skin care line on a mission to provide beauty without secrets”.
OY-L makes face and body products that includes a mask, body butter, face wash, body scrub, facial mist, face cream, bath salt, lip balm, and eye serum. You can purchase products individually, in kits or even sample sizes!
WHY I LOVE OY-L
- They give back. OY-L donates 15% of sales of the bath salts and body scrub to Dysautonomia International, a non-profit organization dedicated to finding a cure for dysautonomia, the category of illness in which Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome (POTS) falls. The founder’s daughter is afflicted with POTS.
- They do zero animal testing.
- There are zero synthetic chemical formulations. All products are free of phthalates, parabens, DEA/TEA/MEA, color pigments, PEGs, formaldehyde, preservatives, isopropyl alcohol, mineral oil, propylene glycols, sodium lauryl sulfate, triclosan, talc and petrolatum.
- OY-L is 100% transparent about the ingredients they use in their products. They use four main ingredients: hemp seed oil, lavender essential oil, Manuka 20+ honey and pink Himalayan salt. They provide details about all of the ingredients they use, as well as which products they are found in, on their website. This level of information and transparency is something I really appreciate.
- They are committed to sustainability. Whenever possible, they use sustainable packaging options. All of their glass containers are ready to recycle after use, if another use cannot be found.
MY FAVORITE PRODUCTS
Crystal Eye Serum
I love this serum! It may be sold as an eye serum, but I also use it between my eyebrows, on my forehead, and along my laugh lines. I love the fact that this comes in a rollerball applicator, making it so easy to apply each morning, or any time throughout the day for reapplication. It provides instant hydration and plumping.
The secret ingredient in this product is Tremella Mushroom. Chinese and Japanese societies have used Tremella to improve their complexion for over 2000 years. It’s a vegan alternative to hyaluronic acid that is ultra-hydrating and can hold 500 times its weight in moisture! And because of its sugar component, it draws in moisture and locks it into the skin. This helps to make fine lines and wrinkles disappear. Yes, please!
Exfoliating Manuka Mask
This is one of OY-L’s hero products, and has even been featured by the TODAY show. The main ingredients are manuka honey, raw honey, abyssinian oil and rose petals. This mask is hand-mixed and hand-crafted in small batches, providing the freshest, cleanest ingredients possible. It is soothing, gentle on the skin and leaves you glowing. When I use this in the morning I can go without foundation for the day – not something I do often!
Because of the consistency of the mask, the application takes a bit to get used to. You must add warm water to the mask (once in your hand) and mix together before applying to your face. It does not spread on as smooth and easy as other masks (thanks to being completely natural), but it is so worth it!
MONEY SAVING TIPS
- Subscribe to the OY-L mailing list. This gets you 15% off your order.
- Sign up for the OY-L Rewards program. You get 2 points for every $1 you spend, as well as 250 Welcome Points just for signing up. You can then redeem your points for free products!
Don’t know where to start? OY-L has a two-minute skincare quiz on their website that will recommend the best products for your skin, lifestyle and preferences. And if you want to check out the products in person, you can see if they are stocked at a location near you here.
I hope you enjoy these products as much as I do!